Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday Snowman Fun SSC230

Pin It Now! I got up early, early this morning, before the rest of the house was up.  It's the time of day I can think most clearly, I'm most relaxed and not exhausted from the day.  I know some friends who stamp into the wee hours of the morning, but not me!  I like my coffee and the sunrise to get creative. 

I took on the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge, SSC230.  Had some fun with Frosty!

I had a blast making this! 
I used the XL Scallop Square Die, and made it into a shadow box with dollar store weatherstripping foam. It's about 1/4" wide and just the right depth. Cut the square out of the middle with a craft knife.
Then was the fun part! 
I stamped frosty twice, once on a square of Pool Party, and again on Whisper White.  Colored and cut him, and pieced him onto the Pool Party image.
I used Diamond Effects on his coal buttons,
A Jingle Bell on his hat.
Nestled him on layers of silver Glimmer Paper.
Added snow to the background with a gel pen.
Threw some mica flakes in for good measure!

Here's how he looks close up.

...and the inside of the card.


Here's the sketch...

I was also inspired by Lisa Foster's wonderful collection of snowmen from
U Stamp With Dawn and Friends.  Her choice of color was wonderful!

SUPPLIES:
CARDSTOCK: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Island Indigo, Glimmer Paper, Whisper White
STAMPS: Snow Much Fun
ACCESSORIES:  Mica Flakes, Cherry Cobbler Quilted Ribbon, polka dot brads, jingle bells, snowburst embossing folder, window sheets, gel pen, crystal effects, Stampin' Dimensionals, sponges.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - love the glitter paper snow hills and jingle bell on the Snowman's hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I love snowmen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful job! I love the window scene you created! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is so cute and it has inspired me to play with the flakes TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow beautiful, wonderful idea.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card. Wonderful idea thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too, too cute! Love this little shaker card! Great job with this week's Stamping 411 Sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable shaker card!!! That snowman just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete