Monday, October 31, 2011

SSC227 Blingy Jolly Jingles

Pin It Now! I know it's Halloween, but I'm in a bright Christmas mood anyway!  I should've been Mrs. Claus for Halloween instead of a bank robber :)  

This week's Stamping 411 sketch was so clean and simple, I wanted to do something special. 
Shaker Box!  I've been dying to use one of SU's quick & easy frames from the Holiday Mini.
So simple!  I punched two ornaments, embossed one, and filled the shaker circle with Basic Pearls.

I used a bunch of large basic pearls, scraping the adhesive off with the Piercing Tool.
Then I stuck the medium pearls back to back so they'd roll around. 
Aren't they bright and baubly?
I kept the rest of the card nice and simple, graphic lines.
The Jolly Jingles jumbo stamp wheel looks so great heat embossed in white.
It's really a striking stamp.  Those wheels don't get enough face time, do they?!

Here's the sketch...Hope you'll give it a try!  Visit Stamping 411 to enter your lovely card and see all the great samples!


Supply List:
Cardstock: Shimmer White, Baja Breeze
Stamps:  Jolly Jingles jumbo roller #120864
Embellishments:  Snowburst Embossing folder, Ornament Punch, Basic Pearls, White 5/8" satin ribbon, Rhinestone brad, white embossing powder, heat gun, Versamark ink.

Have a blessed and creative day!  Erika

24 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Clever idea about the pearls too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! This is so pretty! I love the pearls--great way to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika- This is awesome and so elegant looking! I LOVE it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment on my blog! I had to follow your comment back here and your blog is awesome - I'll definitely be checking back regularly!

    Love this card! The pearls look awesome in a shaker. I would never have thought of taking the adhesive off so they could move around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful idea that I hope to reproduce. Thanks for this fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card!! Love love love the shaker part of this card!! What a great idea!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamping 411!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous idea!!!! I am going to CASE for sure!!!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at the Stamping 411.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun!!! Thanks for sharing your talents with us over on stamping 411 this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I already left you a comment letting you know what I think of this card but I just had to come back and pick this card for My Crafty Picks #41 with a link back to your blog on 11-6-11.

    Stop by to check out all the other picks and let me know if you wish to decline this offer.

    Take care
    Tiffany Bauer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes, Erica. This is simply and utterly STUNNING! Love it. Congrats on being a 411 player choice this week. Absolutely well deserved.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely stunning. Congratulatons on being selected for the Stampers Showcase this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is simply gorgeous! You're right...the wheels do get a bum deal, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty. Love the pearls in the box, very elegant. Found you from Kim Score's Paper Punch Addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is Beautiful! Love the shaker pearls, gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Erika, I love this card and I am CASEing it for my sisters birthday card, but I was wondering what you did (if anything) to colour the sides of the shaker foam? I can see mine and don't like the white, but then the white may show up more since I'm using Night of Navy. Also I used the 1" punch for the middle is that right?
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment is in response to Deb...I didn't use anything to hide the white, & it does show a little. I didn't think it mattered much since all the accents are white. You could try coloring the foam with a Stampin Write marker. And you're right, I used the 1" punch! Link your card here in the comments when you're done, I'd love to see it!!! Thanks. Erika

    ReplyDelete
  17. so pretty!! really love this card. i would like to make this card to my friends too. but don't know how to put the pearls in the middle of the card? can you please teach me too? thanks!~~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! This is a fabulous card. I have included it as one of my "Ten Fabulous Christmas Ideas" feature at Freehand Scraps Blog (coming soon). Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Here is the link: http://freehandscraps.com/blog/?p=1903

    ReplyDelete
  20. Замечательная открыточка и прекрасная идея! С удовольствием становлюсь постоянным читателем такого красивого Блога))

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is Beautiful!!!
    I just ordered everything to make it for Christmas!
    I'm only making cards for the people that appreciate them! The rest get a boxed card.

    ReplyDelete