Monday, August 25, 2014

Watercolor Winter - Sneak Peek at Holiday Catty!

Pin It Now! The sketch this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments gave me the opportunity to play with some new goodies, available August 29th, from the Holiday 2014 catalog.  I worked with an amazing new kit, Watercolor Winter!  This kit, for $24.95, includes supplies to make 20 cards with envelopes, and features fun embellishments like this red sleigh, vellum snowflake die cuts, sequins, linen thread, gold glimmer paper accents, and thick watercolor letters!

Here's my first card created with the kit.  I added a little embossing, sequin snowflakes, and Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper (these are not incl. in the kit).
I used the sleigh as the focal point, using the sketch as a guide...
Hand Stamped Senitments Sketch Challenge #193.
Click the pic to visit our site!
After that, I got busy and made all these cards from the kit, using mainly the instructions included, changing a couple up just a little.  
I think this one is my favorite!  SU suggests hand watercoloring a striped background, but my attempt was less than stellar!  So I opted to use my Hardwood background stamp.  
This "Merry" sample is done exactly as instructed.
This "Happy Holidays" sample is also exactly as instructed.  I did add some sponging to the striped Cherry Cobbler base.  
This one is also as instructed.  LOVE the watercolor paper sleighs!  I have several more in the kit to play with, and I plan to have some serious fun with them!  
There are so many supplies in this kit, and when you add the trio of Christmas stamps, they can be used for an endless variety of Christmas and winter themed cards.  

Thanks for stopping by!  Head on over to Hand Stamped Sentiments to see what the other gals did with this sketch!







2 comments:

  1. Your cards are so much fun...but the sled card captured my heart. I have so many fond memories of sledding with my brother and sister during our northern winters. Just a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, LOVE this kit! And, the beautiful creations you made using it. The sled card, I adore any card using a sled. I think it is SO cute on Christmas cards. That and/or a pair of ice skates, make adorable cards!

    ReplyDelete