Then came the layering, embossing, etc. Tucked underneath the three layers of Edgelits is a Doily die cut, which I shimmed the wrong way, and none of the die cut pieces completely cut through. But I loved the way it came out in one piece, so on it went, as the very bottom layer. You can see it in the second photo, where the card is standing upright. Then many other layers, listed from bottom to top:
- Lucky Limeade embossed with Vintage Wallpaper
- Rich Razzleberry punched with Scallop Edge Border punch
- First Edition, cut 12" x 1-1/2", pleated and adhered
- Lucky Limeade 1/8" Organdy ribbon, wrapped 4 times around, and knotted with Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine and Linen Thread.
- Designer Fabric Brad from Summer Smooches
- Finally, the bird, cut from Rich Razzleberry and Pretty In Pink, embossed, sponged, and layered. Her eye is a Linen Thread knot.
So there it is, come what may!
I hope you will try this technique out for yourself, there are so many ways to use it! Link up your creations at Hand Stamped Sentiments, and check out all the other samples for inspiration!
STAMPS: Printed Petals, Fabulous Phrases
INK: White Craft Ink
CARDSTOCK: Pretty In Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade
DSP: First Edition, Summer Smooches
ACCESSORIES: Edgelits, Edgelits embossing folders, Doily die, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Scallop Edge Border Punch, 1/8" Lucky Limeade Organdy ribbon, Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine, Linen Thread, Elegant Bird Bigz die, Summer Smooches Designer Fabric Brad, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Basic Rhinestones, Tag punch.