Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Vintage Chic Bottle Brush Tree Ornaments

Pin It Now!
Five more days til Christmas!  I want to share with you today a little ornament I made to give to friends.  It's a tiny bottle brush tree, all decked out with pearls, snow, and glitter, nestled inside a hanging salt shaker.  The entire thing is about 3-1/2" tall, very vintage, and very precious!  

Here's mine hanging in the tree...
They're easy to make, just take a little time.  The S&P shakers are purchased at Walmart for 97cents a set! The pearls also are from WM, a large pack for about $7.  Bottle brush trees are upwards of $1 apiece, and you'll probably need to bleach them white before you deck them out.  

They're trimmed out with Stampin' Up! supplies, including Pink Pirouette 3/8" taffeta ribbon, Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon, Linen Thread, and Baja Breeze and Silver Glass Glitter.  Also retired Stampin' Up! supplies, including Mica Flakes and Tinsel Trim.  I also used the Jewelry Tag Punch for the tag tied to it, and colored special words from More Merry Messages Stamp Set using a Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker.
I've made five sets and have already given them all away.  I love the look on their faces when they see the tiny scene inside!
Here's the stamp set I used for the words on the tiny tags.   I stamped them onto very thin vintage book paper, much more delicate than cardstock or DSP. It's the top right image, I hand colored "Glory", "Wonder", and "Miracle".
#126402 $24.95
So glad you stopped by today!  Have a blessed and creative day!
Erika

3 comments:

  1. I love these! I am going to make them for an ornament exchange. Can you tell me how you kept the glitter on the metal caps? I want to be sure it's not a glitter mess. :-)

    Thanks

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystal! I used a nice, thick coating of Mod Podge and smothered them with Glass Glitter. I used a toothpick to keep the center hole in the salt shaker lid open and free from glue/glitter to make it easier to string the thread through for hanging the ornament. I haven't had any glitter loss yet :D Good luck with your ornament exchange...I know your friends will love these! Sincerely, Erika

      Delete
  2. Often these trees come on a round base that wouldn't fit into the top of the salt shaker. Did you cut off that bottom? What size are the salt shakers and also the trees. Sorry for so many questions. These are gorgeous !! christinewilliamsnt@gmail.com Thank you

    ReplyDelete