Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Apothecary Pretties...

Pin It Now! No, I haven't had enough of these gorgeous Framelits Labels yet!




I love this sketch from Stamping 411 that I thought I'd try it one more time!  It's definitely going into my permanent template archive.  Very easy and elegant!

I stamped the image from Apothecary Art onto watercolor paper using black Staz-On, colored with Stampin' Write markers, and started blending with the blender pen.  The inner ring of Pool Party adds a nice dimension to the label, and frames those flowers very nicely.  Just blend in circles, gently and steadily, from the outside toward the center. 


The butterflies are cut from Beautiful Wings Embosslits, they're one of my all-time favorite tools.  One large butterfly from Everyday Enchantment DSP, and another with vellum sheet.  Layer and adhere with Sticky Strip folded in half lengthwise to make it nice and thin.  Add a few Basic Pearls and pop it off with a dimensional.

The ruffled ribbon makes a nice banner across the label, and fills in the spot where a sentiment might go.  Love that Ruffled Ribbon!
Below is the inside, simple but done :)



I'm playing along with HSS's challenge to use pleats or ruffles.  Click here to join the challenge!  I really enjoy their challenges as well as their inspiration projects.


Also using this fab template that I already mentioned:  Click here for Stamping 411's weekly challenge!  They always treat you like one of the gang :)



SUPPLY LIST:
STAMPS:  Apothecary Art, Tea Shoppe ("Stay" sentiment)
DSP: Everyday Enchantment (Sale-A-Bration), Vellum
CARDSTOCK: Wild Wasabi, Watercolor Paper, Very Vanilla
ACCESSORIES:  Stampin' Write markers (Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Riding Hood Red.  Black Staz-On. Blender Pen.  Beautiful Wings Embosslits. Ruffled Ribbon in Pool Party.  Basic Pearls. 

Have a blessed & creative day! Erika. www.erikaclark.stampinup.net

10 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card. I love the color combination and that butterfly looks so soft with the vellum layer. Great way to add a pleat, too. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This such a lovely card--love that ruffled ribbon! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is drop dead gorgeous!!! Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty - I love the banner behind the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how beautiful! I love your watercoloring! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very pretty!!!! I love this DSP and the use of the framelits!!! LOVE it!!! Amy L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how the butterfly has so much dimension, and how you placed it over your perfectly watercolored image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this so much! Coloring the frame was genius and just the right touch! Love that DSP so much. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, that "inner ring of Pool Party" is what caught my eye and made me wonder, "How the heck did she do that?". Thanks for sharing your secret. Love it!

    Sharon G

    ReplyDelete