Wednesday, June 13, 2012

CAS Stressbuster Card {Papillon Potpourri}

Pin It Now! So, I was up at 5:00 am, in my craft room like I usually am, and I was letting my recent project tutorial prep kick my butt.  Do you ever have a project that is perfect in your mind, but you have trouble translating that to real life?  What I do is walk away, so to speak, and do something completely different.  So I allowed myself the last 15 minutes of my morning to make a clean and simple, partially CASEd card.


It was such a relief to produce a finished card, simple as it may be!
My morning was saved, just like that!


The sentiment is from Blessings From Heaven, and is layered tone on tone with new Framelits Apothecary Accents.


The butterfly! Isn't it sweet?! It's a new stamp set called Papillon Potpourri. I simply stamped it in Black Staz On and colored with an Aqua Painter using Midnite Muse and Daffodil Delight ink. I was pleasantly surprised when the blue and yellow blended together in the center to make a lovely green :)


A little spritzing on the corners with a Crumb Cake marker.

My first version had no bling. I was trying so hard not to make it too fancy, but I just. can't. help it. 
Which do you like better? Bling or no bling?!


Have a blessed & creative day! Erika. www.erikaclark.stampinup.net

3 comments:

  1. bling! thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely bling. I don't know how you contained yourself for such a CAS design? The butterfly is beautiful, very real looking.

    ReplyDelete