Thursday, June 28, 2012

Old Glory - Stars & Stripes punch art card

Pin It Now! Hello friend!

Today I'm sharing a card that my crafty sis JoAnn & I made together, in honor of Independence Day next week.
 We found a card we loved - on Pinterest, of course! Tweaked it a bit to suit our taste.
 I did mine all SU, of course ;)  I used leftover Everyday Enchantment DSP, First Edition for the white stripes, retired star punch, paper piercing, and a Heart Charm.
 JoAnn used a DCWV paper pack for hers, and a pearlescent vanilla paper for the stripes!
I needed a new insert for my SU charm necklace, so I copied the card in miniature, using a heart punch from the Owl Punch, paper piercing the edges, and mounting it on a 1/2" x 3/4" banner.  Aww!  The scalloping is a blade from my old trusty Carl paper trimmer. 

Here's the whole set...the other side of the charm has my little guy's chubby fingers holding a dollar coin he received at an Independence Day parade a couple of years ago. I love the symbolism of this picture, it's one of my favorites. Liberty in the hands of the next generation :) 
 Have a wonderful weekend!

Erika
www.erikaclark.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment