Monday, June 25, 2012

In-Color Quilted Inspiration HSS124

Pin It Now! This week at Hand Stamped Sentiments, the sky is the limit with a collage of inspiration photos detailing gorgeous colorful quilts!
I love - I know, I've said it before - repeating shapes on cards and layouts!  So my inspiration was the multicolor squares of fabric in the photo. 
I broke out of the confines of the 1" x 2" rectangles a bit by adding punches of tone on tone flowers and these sweet new In Color Dahlias embellishments!  I love these new colors all together like this. 
 The inside is punched with the same floral shapes as the outside, only reversed.  I used the punched center circles from the outside flowers to give the inside a little pop of color.

The "Thank You" sentiment is stamped in Gumball Green and die cut with Apothecary Accents, and embellished with more and more punched flowers, but all in Whisper White, so it wouldn't detract from the colors on center stage.  Two scored lines above and below the color blocks.

 Finally, the envelope is stamped with circle stamps from Mixed Bunch.

This card is going to the wonderful nurses that took care of my 8 year old Ryan this week in the hospital. He's doing so well, thank you all for your comments and prayers!

Hope you will give this challenge a try at HSS!  I'd love to see how it sparks your creativity!

SUPPLIES:
STAMPS:     Perfectly Penned, Mixed Bunch
PAPER:     Gumball Green, Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White
ACCESSORIES:  In Color Dahlias, Boho Blossom Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Apothecary Accents Dies, Simply Scored Tool, Tombo Multi Glue



3 comments:

  1. I love the color on color -- would not have occurred to me -- although I've already saved (to case at another date -- sorta like my road to hell -- paved with good intentions) a card that was crumb cake on crumb cake! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous and so bold. Love those colors together. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute. Love the way you highlighted the new colors.

    ReplyDelete