Monday, February 24, 2014

Who Doesn't LOVE a Chocolate Bunny?! Hybrid Muslin Sack & Card ForEaster

Pin It Now! Surely I'm not the only one who adores Stampin' Up!'s retired Chocolate Bunny stamp!  Did you know it's available as a digital download?  Yes!  You can color them any color you want, including any of SU's colors that have ever existed, and print them any size, any quantity, forever!  For only $1.95.  Seriously!

Today, I want to share with you my Chocolate Bunny project!  I've put the bunny on a card, and printed her onto fabric and stitched her to a muslin bag.
The hexagon embossing folder is used, but I only cranked it about 2/3 through the Big Shot to give it a subtle fade.

The bunny is nestled inside the photo strip Framelit from On Film Framelits set.  The chevron behind her is just the reverse of the cutout from the die.  I backed the square holes with Coastal Cabana for contrast.

The Happy Easter sentiment is from Delightful Dozen, stamped onto vellum with Staz On.
See the circle garland?  I stitched it myself from Subtles DSP (pink) and stamps from the latest Paper Pumpkin kit (February 2014).  It was easier than I'd imagined!  And I'm just smitten with it, I want to make loads of garland now!  

Three different circles make up the garland: 1" circle punch, smallest Starburst Framelits, and a 1" Martha Stewart punch.  
Here's a close up of my fine (JOKING) sewing workmanship!

I used printable fabric (you can find in on Amazon), printed bunnies, cut them out, and stitched them onto a scrap of Beau Chateau fabric (this is on CLEARANCE for $1.99!!!)

Before stitching all the way, I stuffed a little cotton batting inside to give her some dimension.  The pink fabric has a zigzag stitch around the edge, but I did that before attaching it to the muslin bag...I adhered the pink panel with Sticky Strip!  Easy enough!
I thoroughly enjoyed getting crafty with this project.  So often, I get pigeonholed into using paper only, but today was all good!  
The card was inspired by our latest sketch at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I turned the sketch clockwise 1/4 turn.  Head over to play!  I'd love to see what you are up to!
SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Chocolate Bunny (digital), Delightful Dozen
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Coastal Cabana, Jet Black Staz On, Baked Brown Sugar
Paper: Very vanilla, Subtles DSP stack, Vellum, Coastal Cabana
Embellishments: Very Vintage Deigner Button, Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon, basic rhinestone
Big Shot:  Hexagon embossing folder, On Film Framelits, Starburst Framelits
Punches:  1" Circle, 1" Scallop Circle (Martha Stewart)

3 comments:

  1. this is completely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally awesome idea! big bunny hug of thanks for sharing. now to go shopping for supplies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Adorable!!! Love your take on the sketch!!! Love the great use of product!!! Accents are
    Beautiful!!! Perfect Easter project!!! Diane

    ReplyDelete