Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tickets & Tags Mini Album {Scrapbooking}

Pin It Now! Remember this post from last week, when I packed up a pittance of scrap supplies and headed south for a week?

I'm happy to say, mission complete!  I photographed our trip, prepped and completed my minibook, before we went home :D

Here are a few shots of the finished album...



Here's the cover, with some basic grey ribbon stapled on.

Lots of ribbon scraps, but just a few colors...Pool Party, Basic Grey, Very Vanilla.


I tied a few tiny seashells that we collected to the ribbon with linen thread.  Some had holes naturally, others I poked carefully with a paper piercing tool.  That's my baby on the beach <3


I made a little pull-out flip book with 3 photos by simply accordion folding a piece of patterned paper, and adhering them in the valley folds.  The tabs on top are the "tickets" from the Tickets & Tags kit, folded in half.

The layout on the left is torn strips of sticker DSP from the kit, I thought they made neat fake washi tape!


Not all the tag inserts needed a story or photo. So I used a few to just embellish with the pretty die cuts included in the kit.  Here's a tip * If you want to layer the stickers, sprinkle the backs with baby powder, it eliminates the sticky adhesive instantly, so you can bend and layer without all the flatness (is that a word?).


Here, I adhered some shark's teeth from the beach onto Whisper White satin ribbon. They look pretty, nestled in the folds like the sea's waves.


Since the kit came with all these wonderful coordinating die cut stickers, all I had to do was layer, ink a little, and embellish a bit.  Love these circles and flowers, and the cool tags keep it a little edgy.



Another tag just layered with the die cuts.  They are SO fun.  No mess, no adhesive needed.  Even the ric-rac stems are stickers from the kit.


Here's a little detail I added with a few snips.  A miniature file folder! Just cut a piece of DSP 1/2" taller and a little more than twice as wide as the photo (mine was a 4x4).  Fold in half, leaving an extra inch on the bottom half, and hand cut a little tab for the file folder part (you've seen them a million times, you can do it!). Mount a pic on the front, one inside, and a journaling block inside. I added some linen thread and a bitty button to finish it off.


Every paper and die cut in my album was from Stampin' Up!'s Tickets and Tags Simply Scrappin' kit.  You can click here to see them on my online store.

The mini album base was one from my stash from Melissa Frances.  I covered all the base pages with patterned paper or textured cardstock from the kit.  You can make a minibook out of so many things...office envelopes, tags, vintage children's books, or just flat squares of cardstock hole punched and ring bound.  Here's the packaging from my minibook base:

I think it's about $5.00 on her site.



Scrapbooking was my first papercrafting passion.  I love capturing these little moments.  And the BEST part was when I heard my hubby talking to his aunt about the trip, and he stopped and said, "Hey babe, where's that album you made? I want to show Esther."  YES!!!  It's right here.  hee hee!

Thanks for joining me! 



I'd love to help out if you have any questions about supplies or techniques used. Just email me or leave a comment if I can help. 

Have a blessed & creative day! Erika. www.erikaclark.stampinup.net

1 comment:

  1. this is the coolest little book! I am so impressed that you finished it before you went home. I want to be like you when I grow up. :)

    I found you from your post on SCS. This is a truly awesome little book!

    ReplyDelete