Monday, January 27, 2014

Hello Again, Pink & Green!

Pin It Now! The winter doldrums might be setting in, as much as I hate to admit it!  I love snow, and the warmth of the woodstove, but I have found myself gazing out the kitchen window at what was once my flourishing garden, that's now a brown pile of compost.

So in the craft room, we're back to butterflies & blossoms, to brighten someone's day!

The sketch is the latest from Hand Stamped Sentiments, and it's all about circles. Which I love. 

The first thing I did was cut the card base a little narrow, 3-3/4" wide, so the elements on the card could hang over and still fit in a standard envelope.  Although I'll likely make a box for this one!
I used Strawberry Slush & Wild Wasabi on a Sahara Sand base. Papillon Potpourri for the butterfly & Simply  Celebrate for the "hello".   

The flower is punched from crepe paper with the Blossom Punch. Three layers of the crepe flowers, sponged, stacked, and fluffed with my scoring stylus. The glittery center is a jumbo pearl, of all things, with the sticky backside dipped in glitter. I used silver & some pink seashell glass glitter that I have in my stash. Then I simply stuck a couple of glue dots to the back and nestled it in the center.  

I thought the paper doily die cut needed a little something, so I sewed a couple of circles onto it. Better!
So what do you see in this snazzy sketch?  Will you go bold and trendy? Or change the shapes to suit your need?  I'd love to see what you do, so hop on over and play along!  


SUPPLY LIST:
STAMPS:  Papillon Potpourri, En Francais, Simply Celebrate
INK:  Strawberry Slush, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake
PAPER:  Sahara Sand, Sweet Sorbet DSP (Sahara Sand pattern), and In-Color Stack (polka dot)
EMBELLISHMENTS: Jumbo pearl, twine (Sale-A-Bration), Crepe Paper, vintage button (my stash)
PUNCHES: Blossom, 2-1/2" circle
BIG SHOT: Delicate Doilies Sizzlits Die



2 comments: