Monday, May 19, 2014

Flip-it Circle Card for Dad - Peek at new stamps!

Pin It Now! I spent a little time working with my new products from the upcoming catalog tonight, and created a Father's Day card using an upcoming stamp set Traveler, with the latest sketch from Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I thought I would give my Circle Card Thinlits a little workout!
Here's the sketch. I flipped it portrait style. 
I did the little trick of extending the card to provide a flap to write inside by cutting the cardstock to 5-1/2" x 8-1/2, and sliding the long edge over the non-cut side of the Thinlit to score an extra panel.  

Then it was time to decorate!  The new Lullaby DSP has some patterns that I think work well with masculine cards. To take the bright edge off, I sponged the corners and splattered a little gold here and there. 
I used every stamp in the Traveler set!  A suitcase, train, ship, book, map, camera, luggage.  This is one cool set!  I was instantly drawn to it. Sentiment is from Look Up to Father, from the spring mini, only available for a few more days!
Here you can see how the card sprawls.  The "dad" stamp is from Family Reunion. And a little background action from Dictionary. 
So yay, I have a card for my FIL!   One down, a couple more to go in the dad department.

Go take a peek at the other designers' cards for this great sketch challenge at HSS!

Have a blessed and creative day!

SUPPLIES:  
Stamps:  Traveler (available June 2), Dictionary, Grunge, Look  Up to Father (spring 2014 mini)
Ink:  Gold Encore, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay
Paper: Lullaby DSP (available June 2), Baked Brown Sugar, Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla
Embellishments: Natural Chevron Ribbon, Basic Metal Buttons, Linen Thread
Big Shot, other: Circle Card Thinlits, 2-1/2" circle punch

1 comment:

  1. Great take on the sketch!!!! Love the use of the thinlits die!!!! Great color combo!!! Great use of new product!!! Perfect Father's Day card.

    ReplyDelete