Friday, November 22, 2013

My November Paper Pumpkin...Love at first sight!

Pin It Now! Like many avid Stampin' Up! papercrafters, I have been so curious about My Paper Pumpkin.  But as of a couple of months ago, I hadn't given in to the urge.  This is my third month getting the orange box in the mail, and OH, I am SO glad I got my little box on Wednesday!  Take a look at all the goodies I have made with this month's kit.  And I still have supplies leftover!
So, the kit is designed to make four cards just like this one...
But I started playing with the supplies, and decided I would see what I could get if I took it up a notch...
HOW ADORABLE IS THIS STAR GARLAND???
I TRIED TO FIGURE OUT HOW I CAN MAKE SOME MYSELF.
FORGEDDABOUTIT.  I WOULD SURELY SEW MY FINGERNAIL TO A STAR.
And then, how about a little gift box?  This will make an adorable presentation for a very special friend!  
I learned how to make this box from Connie Collins' post here.  I adjusted the measurements to use a standard card front of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", scoring at 1"on each side.  Punching at the 1" mark at each corner. Then just embellish to your heart's content!  
Finally, I used the other half of the card I cut for the box lid to make this scrapbook layout of me and my sweet boys.  Gingerbread houses are a tradition in the Clark home!  I kept it pretty simple, just a few layers and that AMAZING STAR GARLAND!

The star cutout on the striped card base is from the Circle Thinlits Die, it's one of the extras included with the flip it card die.  The strip across the "Noel" banner is cut from the long end of the striped panel.  
One of those cute paper clip embellishments adorns the corner of the photo.  Not many extras, almost all of the embellishments are included in the Paper Pumpkin Kit!  
Do I have you enticed to try this kit?  As you can see, you can take the kit very literally and simply, getting four cards completed in 30 minutes.  Or you can let your creativity soar, and play for hours.  

Here's a peek at what it's like to get your kit in the mail!

Upon opening the box, you find a sweet Pumpkin tag and careful wrapping.
Next layer holds your monthy stamp spot, cling mount stamps, and a bit of that star garland!
The next layer reveals your paper supplies with the full color sample sheet.
Here are all of the supplies, opened up and waiting for me :)  I set it all out on the dining room table while I prepared dinner, as incentive to get it all done and escape to the craft room!
By the way, I have a lot of star garland leftover.  It was a very generous amount!  And the stamps sets, of course, will last forever.  

Are you ready for your escape in the mail?  Contact me if you'd like to sign up.  $20 a month gets you the kit, including shipping, to your door.  inkypinkies@hotmail.com

Have a blessed and creative day!  ~Erika













1 comment: