I followed the basic idea of her tutorial, but I used a 4.5" x 6.5" piece of patterned paper from the Festival of Prints Stack. Just tear one off the pad and here are my measurements on scoring and punching:
- Using a 4.5" x 6.5" piece of DSP from paper stack
- Score on 6.5" side at 1", 2", 3", and 4".
- Fold on each score line.
- Using the same technique in her video, punch on Envelope Punch Board at the 1-1/2" mark at each score line and the wider outside edge, not the skinny one. Repeat on both ends.
- Apply Sticky Strip to the 3 flat sides of the inside of the smallest strip and fold into a box.
- For this size box, I find that scoring the punches is not necessary. A bit of ribbon cinches the ends nicely.
So here's the fun part! See those little punches made when creating the cracker box? They look like ornaments, don't they? Can you see how I used them on my cards below?
Cute! They fit just right on a 1" circle punch of Silver Glimmer Paper, and dangle from 1/8" Silver Ribbon. I made one to match Hand Stamped Sentiments' Sketch Challenge #173, and another just playing around. I plan to save all these little punches!
Stamps: Christmas Messages, Pop N Place Photopolymer Stamp Set
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Festival of Prints Paper Stack
Embellishments: Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon, 1/8" Silver Ribbon
Big Shot: Chalk Talk Framelits, polka dot embossing folder
Punches: 1" circle punch
Tools: Simply Scored, Envelope Punch Board