Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fresh Vintage Style Cards - April Jenni Bowlin kit

Pin It Now!
Good day, friends!  I have a batch of super fresh cards from this month's Jenni Bowlin kit.  I subscribe to the mini album kits, as it has a variety of embellishments and styles from month to month.  This one was a beauty!  Lots of fresh spring blues and pinks, mixed with vintage die cut tags and luscious ribbons.  

I decided to break the kit apart, and rather than copying the kit instructions (which are awesome, btw), I thought I'd like to make a smaller tag album, and some cards.  I started by organizing my stash into a vintage muffin tin.  That way it's like an embellishment buffet, just poke around in each muffin spot and pick what you  want!  
And I can stack them when I need the space.
Need some?  I have a couple for sale in my Etsy shop :)

A lot of the paper, and the tags are set aside for the upcoming tag book.  

The first two cards share the same basic sketch, with the embellishments swapped out. This one has half of a mini doily, and the Dear Lizzy mason jar heat embossed in white on the Pretty Painterly patterned paper. It's sitting on one of the Webster's Pages tags, reversed, and stamped with my En Francais Stampin' Up! stamp in Early Espresso.  The pink ribbon and Mom stamp are also SU (1-1/4" two tone ribbon in Pink Pirouette & Family Reunion stamp). I drilled a hole through the butterfly bingo chip and added some ink and clear sealant to make it match :)  And I love the blue and white cardstock, it's SO thick and sturdy.
Second verse, same as the first!  Yellow crochet lace...is that not the best?! The little butterfly charm is tied onto the mason jar top.  
Movin' on, I used some more of that luscious lace to make a glassine bag gift card holder.  Carta Bella paper bow, and I painted another bingo chip with Annie Sloan chalk paint.  Linen thread is looped around the back and hot glued in place.  The flap still opens so you can stick a gift card inside.  Or a wad of cash ;) Broccoli, as my son calls it.
My last card was a 5" square, featuring a section of squares from the Carta Bella paper.  I stitched horizontally and vertically along the squares to make it look like real quilting, and added layers of doily, a pleated medallion, and a ribbon and lace flower in the center.  Thickers at the bottom, they're so sparkly, yet still vintage style...so so pretty!
I'm loving the kit, and am definitely getting my mileage out of it.  The tag album is coming soon :)

I'm linking up to Jenni Bowlin's Centipede Challenge - using vintage supplies for storage.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...these cards are so beautiful!! Love the muffin tin idea! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete