Monday, October 15, 2012

Vintage Chic Ornament Card {brayered embossing}

Pin It Now!
Hello crafty friend, thanks for stopping by!  I’m please to say that today’s card is the first card I've made in my new craft space, in my new (to me, very old) house.  I love my new room, but I’m still tweaking the space.  My old craft room (which I loved dearly) had everything important at arm’s length, so this one will take some adjustment.  So after hours (days, really) of unpacking and organizing, I got to sit down and see how my Carolina mojo compares to my Maryland mojo!  

Today’s card is a gentle reminder that Christmas is only approximately 70 days away!
The challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week is Inked Embossing Folder! I’ve done this technique before, but was amazed at the job that fellow HSS DT girl Diane Vander Galien did on her card a couple of weeks ago - it was done so subtly.  She was kind enough to share with me that she brayered her folder instead of rubbing the ink pad right on the folder.  I love the warm, vintage feel it gave to the card.
The ornament was die cut from the embossed piece with a Holiday Ornaments die.  Then I traced the ornament onto the card base and used the Stampamajig to place the image in the center.  I colored the filigree with Pink Pirouette, added basic rhinestones and added a little Champagne Glimmer Paper. The rhinestones are tinted with a light brown Sharpie. Merry Christmas is stamped in Soft Suede, and a knot of Crumb Cake tulle and Vintage Faceted Button is added at the top.  
Here's the inside and envelope.  All ready to give for Christmas!
Why don't you come on over to Hand Stamped Sentiments and give inked embossing folders a try. It's an easy technique that will add interest to any project.


I used the color combo from CR84FN - pink, tan, cream.  Pretty!

















SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Ornament Keepsakes, Greetings of the Season
INK: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette, Primrose Petals
PAPER:  Very Vanilla
ACCESSORIES: Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Scallop Border Punch, brayer, Vintage Faceted Buttons, Crumb Cake scalloped tulle,

7 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous Christmas card. I like the negative cut for the bauble. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the vintage ornament and embossed background! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Love the inked embossed technique you used, such a pretty effect!
    Thanks for joining us at Cr84Fn this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I really like the subtle look of the brayering. Very soft and feminine. Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Gorgeous!!! Love the softness!!! Love the cut out ornaments- so pretty!!! Perfect accents to finish your card!!! Brayered technique looks awesome- Great Job!!! Happy Stamping, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB ornament and technique! Pretty card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color combination. Your card is elegant and the ribbon brings about a soft peaceful feeling. TFS

    ReplyDelete