Monday, October 29, 2012

Ornament Keepsakes Reverse Applique Tags

Pin It Now! I have great news!  (for me, anyway) It's snowing!!!  I love, love, love the snow.  It puts me in the mood for my favorite holiday, which of course is Christmas.  This week at Hand Stamped Sentiments we get to play a little with Christmasy things, making something that we all need and use...gift tags!
 These were made using the Reverse Applique technique.  I learned to make them from Ilina Crouse's project at Ustamp With Dawn's Technique Boutique event that's going on right now.  I plan to try out lots of new-to-me techniques, and this was a good one to dip my toe in, so to speak!
 They're made using Brushed Gold Specialty paper, and the Ornament Keepsakes Framelits.  I used 2 new sets of DSP from the current Holiday Catty, they are Candlelight Christmas (the green pattern) and Snow Festival (the Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso).
 I trimmed them out with Cherry Cobbler Scalloped Tulle ribbon and a few others I had on hand.
 I really like them, I think they look good enough to give to my mother-in-law, who is pretty fancy :D

So I know you will need a gift tag or two this holiday season, why not hop over to HSS and share a tag project with us?

And if you'd like to check out Ustamp With Dawn's technique-y projects, click the pretty pink blinkie on my sidebar!  

By the way, I hope you and your loved ones are not involved in this treacherous storm, Sandy.  My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who is suffering through this difficult situation.  

Have a blessed and creative day!  Erika

6 comments:

  1. OMG!!! SOOOOOOO Pretty!! I love anything that sparkles and that paper is SA-weet! I love your tags, I would cover my Christmas tree in these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always forget about the gold paper....I love these tags with it and the ornaments peeking out their "windows". So cute! By the way, I'm a bit jealous of the snow....it's gonna be 90 degrees here today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Pretty!! Great use of the framelit dies!! Love the color combo- so pretty!!1
    Great Tags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! What a cool technique. Whomever receives these will be so excited. I really like the specialty paper that you chose as well. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you do anything that isn't fabulous!?!? I have a whole pack of this paper I've maybe used one sheet out of, thanks for the push to get it out. Love the addition of the tulle!

    ReplyDelete