Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rockin' Retro Birthday RS11 AND A WINNER!!! :D

Pin It Now! Hey crafty friends!  Today is my local card swap, and today is also the day I started my cards.  Yah, I work well on a deadline :)  The theme is Masculine, so I whipped out my Grunge Rock which is retiring at the end of the month.  I tend to keep masculine retired stamps because guys don't care about current/trendy stamps!


I used this week's RetroSketches template, which is fab and fun!  And if you don't recognize that patterned paper, Stampin' Up! enthusiasts, that is because its (SNEAK PEEK ALERT!!!) NEW!!! Christmas DSP called Be Of Good Cheer.  The cool 50's-esque stars caught my eye when flipping through my paper stack, and it was perfect for the design I had in mind.  This paper is awesome...some are very Christmasy, others can be used year 'round.

Here's the sketch:


And here are the details:
Paper layers: Be of Good Cheer, First Edition, Crumb Cake, stamped & run thru Big Shot with Stripes embosisng folder, Very Vanilla banner
Embellishments: Mini brads, Cherry Cobbler quilted ribbon


The inside...


I think my 'tween dudes will like this one!

And last, but not least, the winner of the BLOG CANDY FROM THIS POST. Drumroll please....
The winner of the crystal drawer pull card holder and Thank You card is:

List Randomizer

There were 8 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
  1. queeniejeannie
  2. augustins
  3. linda l
  4. jennifer
  5. donna
  6. aunt megan
  7. margieslyck
  8. heidi
Timestamp: 2012-05-15 18:09:56 UTC

Woohoo, Queenie!  You are a winner!
Since I'm a couple of days late on the draw, I'm going to offer a little second prize win for my #2 in line, All About the Augustins.  It'll be a Thank You card and a little sneak peek blog candy.  
Please send your mailing addresses to me at erika dot stmichaelsrv at gmail dot com


Have a blessed & creative day! Erika. www.erikaclark.stampinup.net

3 comments:

  1. Very COOL card Erika! Love the layers and the patterned paper! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is the PURRR-FECT paper for this masculine card! I wouldn't have known it was Christmas DSP, if you hadn't spilled the beans, lol!

    ReplyDelete