Monday, October 17, 2016

Jar of Fishy Love - HSS249 Sketch Challenge

Pin It Now! Time for another fun sketch at Hand Stamped Sentiments! I'm still lovin' on the Jar of Love bundle, and I've been looking for an excuse to make a card using the cute little fish included in the set. Take a look...
This is my favorite of the two; I made one portrait, as in the sketch, and one flipped landscape.  I usually have to make two cards when doing a challenge - a "starter card" to get moving, then the second one is usually better.

Here's the sketch!
And here's the one that's most like the sketch...
I just love that fishy!  And the 'A Little Foxy' DSP is the perfect backdrop.  The Smoky Slate is a great neutral, and the Calypso Coral pattern is perfect to pair with the fish stamp.  Not too busy!

I had to get a little creative with the doily layer.  One card uses a tree top die from Thoughtful Branches, and the other uses a doily from our Oh Happy Day card kit.  And what do you think of the little bubbles made of pearls?!
Head on over to Hand Stamped Sentiments and check out what everyone has done with this fun sketch!  I'd love it if you played along :)


1 comment:

  1. Both card are amazing! I really like the coral background on the landscape card. I think it looks so nice and bright with the blue jar! Really nice cards!

    ReplyDelete