Saturday, October 4, 2014

World Card Making Day! White on white card for a friend.

Pin It Now! Happy WCMD!   This one is for you!  I hope you're going to take some time out for yourself to make something that warms your heart.  There truly is nothing quite like a handmade greeting. Your expression and effort is appreciated, and hey, it makes you feel good!
I've done a lot of white on white for this card, and was inspired by this photo on Splitcoast Stampers for their Saturday challenge.  Who wouldn't be inspired by this, really?
I picked up this lovely fabric on my trip to Ireland last month. It was from a sweet little shop in Derry in the Crafter's Village...right up my alley! Here's a look at it...

I'm tearing it into ribbon strips to make knots and flowers for my cards. It really makes me happy :)
Don't know if you can see it, but I used the smallest oval punch to cut notches in the sides of the front panel to hold the ribbon in place. 
I'm loving the iridescent shine in the vintage button. 
My layout was inspired by this sketch from Case This Sketch.
Have a perfectly wonderful WCMD!  Blessings, ~erika

SUPPLIES
STAMPS:  Peachy Keen
INK: Rose Red, Gumball Green
PAPER: Whisper White
EMBELLISHMENTS:  Bitty Punch Pack (flowers), basic pearl
BIG SHOT: Chalk Talk Framelits, Lovely Lace embossing folder
OTHER: Floral fabric, white embroidery thread, stray button, Martha Stewart leaf punch


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love the texture you added (& that shop looks amazing!) Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete