Monday, June 30, 2014

Butterfly & Blooms Birthday Card

Pin It Now! Hey crafty friend!  Today I'm sharing the birthday card I'll be making for my church ladies' July birthdays.
The fresh new patterned paper pack, All Abloom, is full of pretty patterns.  I layered two of them for the card base, and punched 4 different patterns with the butterfly punch and layered them, securing with a linen thread wrap.  

The vintage newsprint is awesome! It's Typeset Specialty DSP, and I used it for the "Happy Birthday" strip as well. 

I scrunched and bunched a knot full of Pink Pirouette seam binding ribbon for a bit of a shabby look because none of the fancy bows I made seemed to complement the card. 
The burlap ribbon did a nice job of warming up an otherwise sherbet-y card.  I like the way the butterfly stack turned out!
Inside:
I'm playing with these two fun card challenges.   Click on the pictures to visit them and join in the fun!

Who doesn't love choices in a challenge??  I picked a diagonal tic-tac-toe of BIRTHDAY, PATTERNED PAPER, & ANY SHADE OF PINK. Fun!
And this sketch is going into my permanent go-to file.  I flipped it upside down.  
Have a blessed and creative day! ~ Erika

SUPPLIES:
STAMPS:  From My Heart
INK:  Mossy Meadow
PAPER:  All Abloom DSP, Typeset Specialty DSP, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White
EMBELLISHMENTS:  Pink Pirouette seam binding ribbon, In Color Sequin Assortment, Linen Thread, Burlap ribbon 1-1/4"

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE this card. The burlap with the bright colors is such a neat combo. Awesome!!

    http://cardmakingartists.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika, this is a gorgeous card. I love the stitching and the scrunched ribbon. I also love the multiple layers of the butterfly. Your church friend will surely love the card, too.
    So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete