Monday, July 29, 2013

Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge 164 - Creative Inspiration With a Friend

Pin It Now! I was honored to make this week's challenge with my best crafty friend JoAnn. Although we live 537 miles apart from each other most of the time now, when I come back to visit - I come prepared!!!  She's never done a card challenge before, but after explaining what it's all about, we got to work!  Here's the photo inspiration:
Such a cute photo, right?  Wow!  For my card, I used the stack of books, and the black shoes as inspiration, as well as the strawberry colored skirt hem for the bottom of the black banner.
Jo liked the striped feel of the books, and turned that shape on its side.  She chose Baked Brown Sugar as her card base to match the suitcase she's sitting on, and the crochet trim matches the gravel below.  I love her card, and I love how differently two people can create from an identical start!

It's so relaxing to spend quiet time with someone who shares the same zeal for papercrafting as I do.  I've been blessed lately to meet some new people back home that I'm creating with. But Jo is the friend who always knew when I was crafting because she could see my light on across the yard :) Tonight is just like old times.
What inspiration will you find in this week's photo challenge?  Head on over to Hand Stamped Sentiments. Play along and check out the other designers' projects!  
SUPPLY LIST:
STAMPS:  Happy Day, Six Sided Sampler
INK:  Strawberry Slush, Baked Brown Sugar, White Embossing
PAPER:  Time For Tea, In-color Designer Series Stack, Crisp Cantaloupe, Baked Brown Sugar, Basic Black
EMBELLISHMENTS: Strawberry Slush Stretch Ruffle Trim, Crochet Trim, Basic Rhinestones, Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine, In-Color Boutique Details

3 comments:

  1. Would you please tell which punches you used for the books?
    Many thanks, love your project

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE BOOKS!!! I think that is SOOOOO smart and seriously, love the little banner/flag- AWESOME-SAUCE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had alot of fun stamping!!! Love both the cards- very creative!!!
    The banner on the top of the books is so cute!!! Makes the perfect accent to finish your
    card!!!

    ReplyDelete