Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Crosses of Hope Tags & Cards

Pin It Now!

Happy Easter Saturday to you!  If you haven’t put together some little goodies to give the adult friends in your life, it’s not too late.  Here’s an easy tag to make, that also quickly transforms a card front into an elegant statement.

In assembly line fashion, prepare all of your layers.  Doily Sizzix circle (largest one), wood grain embossed Sahara Sand cardstock, Crosses of Hope stamped in So Saffron (hand cut), “Happy Easter” from Teeny Tiny Wishes, punched with the Word Window punch, then banner cut at the ends.  And then your flower layers.  Here’s a quick visual on how to recolor your Flower Lace Trim easily:

I’ve seen them sprayed with a water bottle (here on Pinterest) to achieve the color spread, but I like the way the Aqua Painter works better for a variegated look. You can really work the brush into the layers and get it as wet or dry as you want.

After assembling your tags, you can run some Linen Thread through the tops of some, or make cards from them like these two.

I have several Sympathy cards to make this week, so I thought I’d make one from this tag to get started.  If I happen to have leftover tags that didn't find a home by Easter, I’ll  probably swap out the Easter sentiment for communion, baby, or whatever I need.

My guys and I put together these bags of pretzel bunnies (again, found on Pinterest here), and we plan to go to our elderly neighbors today, and visit a couple local folks in nursing homes.

Have you been watching The Bible series on History channel?  We just caught up last night, and wow, how visually stunning it is!  To see the stories played out on the screen is amazing.  I love seeing the surprise and realization on my sons’ faces when they recognize the stories being portrayed.  I think it’ll be helpful to them to see this, they’ll remember the events even better now.

Have you seen this Easter topiary on Pinterest?  Haha!  It’s adorable.  This is the one we made here at home for our kitchen table.  The base of mine is a blue glass vintage doorknob and an inverted mini tart tin.  It gets lots of comments J  My 12 y.o. says he saw a report that Peeps never deteriorate.  Weird, but okay!  I guess I’ll pack it away for next Easter and see if the research holds up.

Well, I hope you have carved out time to do something crafty this weekend!  Link up in the comments if you’d like to share, I’d love to see what you’re up to!
SUPPLY LIST:
STAMPS: Crosses of Hope, Teeny Tiny Wishes
INK: So Saffron, Old Olive, Primrose Petals
PAPER: Tea for Two DSP, Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
EMBELLISHMENTS: Lace Flower Trim, Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon, Doily from Artisan Embellishment Kit, Delicate Doilies Sizzix die, Always Artichoke Seam Binding Ribbon, Woodgrain embossing folder, word window punch





No comments:

Post a Comment